Casco was founded in 1959 as the Cincinnati Auto Seat Cover Company– a family-owned business specializing in custom automobile seat covers and floor mats. With the introduction of more durable synthetic fabrics in the late 1970s, Cincinnati Auto Seat Cover Company expanded production to include medical cart covers, medical pads and specialty wheelchair cushions. In 1981, the name was changed to the acronym Casco Products, Inc. as the company no longer produced seat covers. Casco acquired equipment for radio frequency sealing and began a long standing manufacturing relationship with the largest hospital bed company in the world.
The current CEO, Melissa Mangold, joined Casco in 1990. When her father decided it was time to retire, she assumed the CEO roll in 2002. The company was renamed Casco Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. to better reflect the company’s identity as a contract manufacturing partner for a variety of markets.
Today, Casco still specializes in cutting, sealing, and sewing OEM manufacturing – making top quality products for the industry leaders. Casco also offers the same quality products directly to the consumer in the HealthCare, Outdoor Covers, Government Contracts, and Institutional markets. We are fully equipped to cut, sew, seal, assemble, and run logistics like warehousing and shipping. We regularly reconfigure our shop floor to meet the changing needs of clients.
Casco Manufacturing Solutions is a differentiated provider of superior quality sewn, sealed, and upholstered products. We specialize in custom manufacturing and our own branded healthcare product line called C-Matt. As professionals committed to quality products and service excellence, we will deliver our products in a manner that adds value and price the product accordingly. Casco’s philosophy encourages continued improvement, employee success, and excellent customer service.
Casco Provides Manufacturing Value
We seek to provide a mutually beneficial opportunity for the customer and the company by changing the lives of the customer, those who they service and the employees we serve. We achieve this through five pillars of excellence:
- Customer experience protocol focusing on the philosophy that every customer is important.
- The customer is always right.
- Retain all our existing customers as we grow.
- A customer experienced representative greets all calls.
- Customer satisfaction is important to us; therefore we regularly call each customer after delivery of his or her order.
- Buying direct from the manufacturer allows customization and product enhancements, which in turn allow for alternative solutions to problems in the field. We have on staff clinical experts to help create these solutions.
- In recognizing the financial challenge of customers, we offer a wide array of products at varying price points, meeting the unique clinical needs of each customer.
- Dedication to quality excellence is engrained in all that we do. It is not enough to follow our quality systems; we live it each day through our people, products and facility. We accomplish this with our Continuous Improvement Program, Job Well Done Program, Management Reviews, and Internal Audits.
- We believe in competency based education to understand why you select certain products, through:
- Lunch and learns
- Customized on-site workshops
- And available continuing education credits
Flexible Manufacturing – Made in America
Casco remains a third generation family-owned company, proudly made in the USA and dedicated to a customer-focused, tailored approach to custom manufacturing. Contact Casco Manufacturing today to learn how we are utilizing decades of manufacturing experience for the sake of our clients, making high-quality goods, and responding to our customers’ needs.
Five Ways We Can Help Small Manufacturers
How We Can Help Small Manufacturers and Fix the Economy Melissa Mangold, CEO of Casco Manufacturing Solutions, was a guest author for Healthcare Business Today. She shared some of her thoughts on ways small manufacturers, like Casco, can help boost the American economy. In the article, Melissa offered this idea to help gain employees at […]
Casco Manufacturing Solutions Ready to Help U.S. with Essential Medical Soft Goods
Cincinnati soft goods manufacturer creates healthcare mattresses, mattress covers Casco Manufacturing Solutions of Cincinnati has the capability to help the nation by supplying needed medical soft goods during the pandemic, says CEO Melissa Mangold. And while Casco is a small shop with 40 employees, it is one of only a handful of soft goods manufacturers […]
A COVID-19 Letter to Our Customers
Dear Valued Customer, At Casco Manufacturing Solutions, Inc., our team members and customers are like family. And like you, during these last few weeks we’ve been focused on doing all the things we need to do to keep our families safe and healthy. As a family owned business for 60 years, our focus is on […]
Casco Manufacturing Solutions featured in Enterprising Women Magazine
Casco Creates Exceptional Soft Goods While Providing Jobs for Those Who Need Them Some of the best things Melissa Mangold likes about living and working in Cincinnati are its Ohio River beauty, variety of world-class culture, sports and entertainment—and good old Midwest affordability. Add to that the connection she feels to family—her family of origin […]
Casco Celebrates 60 Years in Business
Product innovation, employee loyalty helped Casco thrive for 60 years Melinda Zemper, Oak Tree Communications Cincinnati Enquirer, January 2020 The Mangold family celebrating Casco Manufacturing Solutions’ 60th anniversary include, from left: Christi Mangold Norton; Melissa Mangold, Casco president and owner; father Thomas Mangold; mother Teri Mangold; Penny Mangold Herr; and Cheryl Mangold Cavendish. Faith George, […]