CASCO Prevention Wheelchair Cushion
CASCO Prevention Wheelchair Cushions provide exceptional prevention of skin breakdown, plus outstanding comfort. They are uniquely designed to redistribute pressure to prevent wound development and to promote healing of existing ones.
Features & Benefits
- Zoned Medical Grade Foam: Pressure redistribution aids in wound prevention and healing
- Comfort Saver Topper convoluted foam: No pump necessary; sustained comfort
- Polycarbonate surface fabric: Easy to clean and maintain; smooth for wound prevention and healing
- Non-Skid Bottom: Secure support
- Polyurethane Moisture Vapor Barrier: Prevents penetration of fluids
CASCO Prevention Wheelchair Cushion Case Study
Mary is a 66-year-old female diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and multiple myeloma. Wheelchair bound, she presented with a stage 3 pressure injury to her coccyx. Mary had utilized a variety of wheelchair pads including gel pads, foam pads and air pads. Over the course of a year and a half, none of these products reduced pressure sufficiently to enable the wound to heal successfully.
Casco Manufacturing provided Mary with the Casco Prevention Chair Pad.
Within three months, Mary’s pressure injury was 100% resolved. Mary expressed that the Casco Prevention Chair Pad is very comfortable. She credits the Casco Manufacturing for providing a wheelchair pad that has significantly reduced her level of pain and improved her quality of life.