“Best Wheelchair Cushion for the Money” Prevents Pressure Injury Wounds
When we introduced the Casco C-Matt™ Prevention Wheelchair Cushion at a WOCN conference, we offered samples of the cushions to wound care professionals to try with their patients. Feedback was unanimously positive.
Rita, a Certified Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse, Consultant in Tennessee summed it up enthusiastically with: “The Casco C-Matt™ Prevention Wheelchair cushion is the best wheelchair cushion for the money.”
Our wheelchair cushion features a unique innovative design unlike other wheelchair cushions on the market. Like the Casco C-Matt™ Prevention line of mattresses, our wheelchair cushion serves to prevent the development of pressure injury wounds.
In this video, RN and Wound Care Specialist, Shelly Byington, describes how she observed a need for this product in home healthcare and in long-term care environments. The video also features one of her patients, who has progressive multiple sclerosis, and is confined to a wheelchair. Over time, she had developed a pressure injury that would not heal until she began using the Casco C-Matt™ Prevention Wheelchair Cushion.
The Casco C-Matt™ Prevention Wheelchair Cushion is easy to clean and maintain, and it features:
- Zoned Medical Grade Foam for pressure redistribution to aid in wound prevention and healing
- Comfort Saver Topper made from convoluted foam
- Sustained comfort, with no need for a pump
- Polycarbonate surface fabric that is smooth for wound prevention and healing.
- Non-skid bottom for secure support
- Polyurethane moisture vapor barrier that prevents penetration of fluids
The Casco C-Matt™ Prevention Wheelchair Cushion is available in 16”, 18” and 20” lengths, so fits most wheelchairs.