Keep grilling all year long with these five tips from Casco
As the leaves begin to change color and fall from the trees, it comes time to pack away your shorts and tank tops and pull your jeans and jackets out of the closet. But just because you are packing away your warm weather clothes does not mean you need to pack away your outdoor grill.
Keep the barbecue going throughout the fall and winter seasons with the following tips:
- Purchase a high-quality grill cover. Protect your grill from the rain, wind, ice and snow by purchasing a durable grill cover. Choose a cover that fits your grill properly and heavy enough to keep it secure and protected from whatever elements may come its way.
- Wear proper clothing. Protect yourself from the elements as well by wearing appropriate attire — such as a heavy coat, grilling gloves, pants, boots and a hat if the weather is below freezing.
- Keep the grill closed. Keep the grill and your food hot by opening the grill as little as possible during cooking. Keep in mind you also may need to cook your food longer than normal once the temperature outside goes below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
- Have propane tanks on hand. Propane tanks don’t last as long in the cold weather as they do in the warmer months. Make sure to always have a backup tank on hand.
- Switch up the menu. Hamburgers and hot dogs are always good grilling staples, but you can also switch up your menu with hearty meats and vegetables that are in season. Consider grilling lamb, beef roast or turkey breast with a medley of winter vegetables, such as broccoli, Brussel sprouts, carrots and cauliflower.
Have any cold weather grilling tips or recipes? We’d love to hear them!
Casco Manufacturing Solutions makes durable outdoor covers for grills, fire pits, furniture and log racks. Customers choose Casco covers due to our quality craftsmanship and product warranty. Shop for outdoor covers on our website.